An avid tea fan for more than twenty years, We’ve consumed many boxes of Salada Green Tea over the past decade. As green teas go, Salada green tea is perhaps the best the authors have sampled. We like its clear, light green consistency with very low bitterness. It sweetens well with stevia or agave nectar, and for a name brand tea, Salada natural green tea is priced cheap, easy to find and prepare, and it stockpiles well. Thus, given our experiences, we offer this green tea review.
Benefits, Pros, Features, and Advantages
- Found nearly everywhere. Salada all natural green tea is ubiquitous; no doubt due in part to their highly popular orange pekoe tea line, that they’ve sold for decades. Available at most any grocery store for a reasonable price.
- Separately wrapped in paper. Tea bags are individually wrapped for freshness, and as a second measure to preserve the delicate tea flavor, each box of tea bags is wrapped tightly in strong cellophane.
- Stays fresh for over a year. This green tea keeps for years without noticeable flavor deterioration.
- Promotes healthy finger and toe nails. Any green tea, including this one, seems to promote faster growth of healthy fingernails. This could signify that the tea is supplying more of the nutrients that our bodies need for proper operation, and THAT, we like.
- May lessen acne severity. Other bloggers have written that green tea reduces acne. However, as we do not suffer from acne, we cannot vouch for this claim. But with so many saying it, acne relief from drinking Salada green tea must at least be possible.
- Tastes like other premium green teas. This is a typical green tea in that so many other brands taste a lot like it. It seems that many companies have mastered the art of growing delicious green tea now. Natural green tea production is now quite mature. But the lack of bitterness really sets this 100% natural green tea apart from most of the others. Caffeine levels seem lower than in other brands too. So we experience fewer and less severe withdrawal symptoms when drinking green tea is stopped for a few days.
- Curbs hunger for a time. Can make for a good appetite suppressant while dieting. That is, on days we drink one cup of green tea per hour from the start of the day, we can go until well past 3:00 PM without eating anything. Without the green tea, the hunger becomes unmanageable at around eleven or twelve o’clock.
- Thus, it aids with weight loss in our experience, due to its thermo genic properties, which likely are largely attributable to the caffeine within. It indeed revs up the body’s metabolism. However, be careful, as this can actually make you feel hungrier at times, depending on what you’ve eaten in recent days. Still though, when seriously dieting, and that knee-weakening hunger appears, it can often be quelled by drinking a glass of this tea beverage.
- Sweetens sufficiently with little sweetener. Sweetens up very well when stevia is added. Stevia sweetens without destroying the signature green tea flavor.
Disadvantages, Cons, Problems, and Concerns
- Can darken teeth. Dental hygienists who are worth their salt, can tell when you drink green tea just from the stains on your teeth. However, the health benefits of drinking green tea are probably worth the inconvenience of slightly harder-to-clean teeth.
- Can induce a “wired” feeling. Particularly when the authors have not taken Salada green tea for some days, we can feel dizzy when again consuming it; especially when riding in a car after drinking it. It can make me feel quite nauseous after a dry spell.
- Flavor easily destroyed. Honey, when used to sweeten this all natural green tea can completely cover up the delicate green tea flavor, which is easily destroyed by flavored sweeteners.
- Nothing specifically bad about Salada green tea. We found nothing to dislike about this healthful product specifically.
Each tea bag makes one cup of green tea.
By The Pot
- Use hot water to rinse out tea-pot prior to brewing, to warm it up.
- Again, determine how many cups of green tea you wish to make.
- Remove the paper wrapper from the appropriate number of tea bags.
- Put the desired amount of fresh, filtered water in your kettle or pot.
- When that water boils, remove from heat and let stand for one minute.
- While waiting, remove labels from the tea bags.
- Then, put the tea bags right into the pot of hot water.
- Steep for three minutes.
- Remove tea bag(s) promptly to avoid bitter-tasting green tea
- Pour the tea into cups, sweeten to taste, and enjoy.
For Iced Tea
- Unwrap 4 tea bags and remove the labels from them.
- Put these teabags into a tea-pot.
- Then, in a separate container, boil four cups (1 quart) of fresh, filtered water.
- Once the water boils, remove from heat and let stand until the boiling stops.
- Pour this water into the teapot.
- Steep for five minutes.
- Fill desired number of glasses with ice.
- Pour steeped tea into these glasses.
- Enjoy with lemon, orange, or sweetener as desired.
Nutrition Facts, Salada Green Tea
- Serving size: 1 tea bag (1.3 grams). Makes 8 Fl. ounces.
- Calories: 0, 0% DV.
- Total fat: 0 grams, 0% DV.
- Sodium: 0 milligrams, 0% DV.
- Total carbohydrate: 0 grams, 0% DV.
- Sugars: 0 grams.
- Protein: 0 grams.
Succinctly then, We’ve consumed Salada Green Tea more than any other brand. It is our current favorite green tea in fact. We’d therefore rate it at 100 out of 100.
Where To Buy Salada Green Tea
Look for this tea product in the dark green box with white lettering at your favorite grocery store, big or medium-sized. We buy ours at Walmart and Giant Eagle.
- Green Tea on Wikipedia
- Hot Green Tea Brewing Instructions By The Cup
- Salada Green Tea Website
- Where to buy Salada Green Tea
- 2015-01-16: Tweaked content.
- 2014-12-01: Added whitespace, back view of box picture, revised content, and adjusted ad positioning.