An avid tea fan for more than twenty years, I immediately seize new varieties of it that I’ve never sampled before. I saw this Carrington Original Green Tea at Walmart the other week, and thought I’d bring it home and see how it tastes. Carrington Tea Original Green Tea has an equally pleasing green tea flavor as the Salada, Celestial Seasonings, and Bigelow green teas I’m fond of. I enjoy its clear, light green appearance with almost no bitterness. Stevia sweetens Carrington Tea green tea effectively, and for a name brand tea, Carrington Tea Original is not too expensive, and it stock piles nicely.
Benefits and Features
- Carrington Tea green tea keeps for years without much flavor changes.
- Any green tea, including Carrington Tea Original, seems to make my fingernails grow healthier and more quickly. Not that I obsess over faster-growing nails. But faster nail growth could indicate that I’m absorbing more of the nutrients from the green tea required by my body for proper operation. This is good.
- Bloggers write that green teas like Carrington Tea Original reduce acne severity. But since I’ve suffered only few and short-lived bouts of acne since I entered adulthood, I cannot personally corroborate this claim.
- This green tea’s flavor is high in quality and closely resembles other top-of-the-line teas I’ve tasted. It lacks the bitterness that is so often found in other green teas. This distinguishes Carrington Tea Original 100% natural green tea from these others.
- Caffeine levels in Carrington Tea green tea seem to match that in other brands I’ve examined.
- Carrington Tea Original green tea can encourage weight loss as do most other brands, due to its thermogenic attributes. It hastens the body’s basal metabolism. But be careful, as this can increase hunger pangs. Still though, when I’m dieting, and that knee-weakening hunger occurs, I frequently duck away from that growling stomach by drinking a glass of Carrington Tea Original green tea.
- Carrington Tea green tea sweetens nicely with stevia. Stevia sweetens this tea without adding calories or destroying the signature yet highly delicate green tea flavor.
- Carrington Tea Original green tea bags are not individually and tightly wrapped. Instead, all the tea bags per box come in one large plastic bag; a sack that cannot be easily resealed. So you may want to place them in a zipper lock bag once you open the original bag, to better preserve freshness.
- Honey, when used to sweeten Carrington Tea Original green tea can easily obscure the green tea flavor if you stir in too much. The flavor is easily destroyed by flavored sweeteners such as honey, molasses, or maple syrup.
- I’m not sure how widely this tea is marketed, as I’ve only ever seen it at Walmart so far. So you may experience hardship in finding it. But start with Walmart anyhow. You might get lucky.
- I found nothing to dislike about Carrington Tea Original green tea specifically, and it has no negative attributes that other green teas.
- My dental hygienist gets that I drink green tea just from the stains she notes on them. However, the health benefits of drinking green tea are worth the inconvenience of slightly-harder-to-clean teeth to me. So I suppose I’ll keep drinking it.
- In my experience, if I stop drinking this green tea altogether, a headache will surely ensure in a day or two, and last a day or two as well. So if you start drinking Carrington Tea Original green tea daily, be cautious about stopping this habit abruptly, as you may develop headache symptoms as well.
- Particularly when I’ve not taken Carrington Tea Original green tea for some days, I can feel dizzy when I once more drink it; especially when riding in a car after downing a cup. It can stoke feelings of nausea when I’m out of practice drinking it.
But over all, Carrington Tea green tea has far more going for than against it. So I’d recommend it to anyone looking for a taste that embodies the best that green tea has to offer. I’d rate Carrington green tea at 85 out of 100.
Where To Find Carrington Tea Original Green Tea
Look for Carrington Tea Original 100% Natural Green Tea in the bright green box with white lettering at Walmart or other larger grocery stores.